* Choosing a tarot reader is a very personal choice. The number one priority should be confidence that you will receive a coherent and legitimate reading by someone who knows their way around the cards.
My approach with the cards is objective. I say what I see. I interpret the cards to the best of my ability in relation to your question. I've been reading for 40 plus years and bring a strong skill set to the table. My interpretations may not always be what you want to hear, but likewise, information gained may be very surprising and uplifting.
Another form of confidence is that you know your question and answer is confidential. My guarantee to you is that no one will ever be privileged to read the content of your question, view the cards for your reading, or read or listen to my interpretation for your question unless you yourself share that information with them. Once your reading is sent to you, it sits on my computer for a 24 hour period to give you an opportunity to ask follow-up questions. Once that time elapses, I delete both the email and the PDF file or mp3 recording which contains your reading.
* The cards that are pulled during a reading can often be applied to pursue a solid course of action to achieve the best possible outcome. While whether or not something happens is often a consequence of our own actions, outside influences also play a role. We are not always in control of every aspect of every situation. My intent is not to tell your futures. I merely interpret the cards in relation to your question. Hopefully my interpretation will help you make sense of your current situation by considering options you may not have considered. My intent is for my clients decide for themselves what course of action will lead them to the best possible outcomes.
* When I read the cards I do so in the most quiet, private space in my home, in my Tarot Parlor you see pictured. There is no TV blaring or children vying for my attention. I give your reading my undivided attention.
Doing a written response rather than a real time response takes considerably more time since typing is obviously more labor intensive than speaking. I charge $60.00 per hour for live readings, and getting a typed reading for a spread for more than four cards often takes more time than that. For this reason, I have begun doing mp3 recordings in place of typed readings. I do the recordings in 'real time' meaning I read the cards as I'm making the recording, so mp3's retain much of the intimacy of an actual in-person reading. Just like a PDF file, an mp3 recording may be revisited to help remember what was said during a reading.
* I was first exposed to tarot in 1968 and began reading in earnest since 1976 and that means I have a lot of experience under my belt. Though I bring a strong skill set to the table, but I am not an infallible human. I love what I do and I do it to the best of my ability.
* About Remote Readings: I focus on you and your question with the intent to interpret the cards in relation to your question. My approach is the same whether we are in the same room or not. If you've ever felt a connection with a person you have never met, then you understand that remote readings are valid. You may follow up a reading with questions about the reading if you feel some aspect of it needs clarification, after all if I were reading for you in person we'd undoubtedly exchange a few words during the reading if you asked for clarity. Bear in mind that a follow-up question asking an unrelated question won't help. In example, if your question is a romantic one, a follow-up question asking a different question would be inappropriate. An appropriate follow-up question would be for clarification of something I said in the reading and how it might relate to various aspects of the situation.
* If You want to know if a deceased loved one or spirit is with you. I have never channelled or engaged in a dialogue with a spirit entity. I have only had experiences that I would describe as hauntings. If you ask me a question related to a deceased loved one I will lay the cards with the intent to answer your question. The cards may tell you the signs to look for evidence of their presence, or meaningful ways the person prefers to be remembered. But beyond that, I cannot claim to have any further connection to your deceased loved one.
* You want to know what a 3rd party is doing or thinking, etc. The question asked should be about your or how to help another person, or even how you need to protect or prepare yourself from someone else's influence as it pertains to your own life. But I will not read a question with the intent to invade someone else's privacy. The question must apply directly to you and not be with the intent of spying on another person.
* As far as past lives go, You can ask the question and I will interpret the cards with the intent to answer the question. The cards may tell you the pitfalls to avoid in this life and they may shed light on past life experiences, but I have no experience in past life regressions.
Please read my 'About Marilyn' page to learn more about me as a person and my tarot reading experiences.